October 20, 2011
- Welcome to Macaroni Kid of PBG-Jupiter!
- Deeply Discounted 1st Dental Exam
- It's Family Night at Just Dance, Inc.
- Menchie's Celebrates its Grand Opening!
- Local Halloween Events and Pumpkin Patches
- 10 Simple Steps for an EEK-o-friendly Halloween
- Enter to Win 4 Tickets to See Jigsaw Jones!
- Ghouls Gone Wild 3
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Family Nights at Restaurants in PBG-Jupiter
- Ice Age Fla Exhibit Opens at the Sandoway House
- This Week in West Palm Beach and Wellington!
The Halloween season is here and with it comes a month's worth of exciting, fun-filled events for the whole family!
Halloween-Inspired Festivals and Other Celebrations
Halloween-inspired festivals are a great way to celebrate the season and they are typically a full day celebration with a variety of family activities.
- The 2nd Annual Scarecrow Festival will take place on October 22nd and will feature unique events such as a corn shucking contest, scarecrow contest, corn husk doll making crafts, and hayrides to the museum. This event will be held at the St. Ann Catholic School Field located at the corner of 4th St. & Olive Ave in West Palm Beach.
- A little closer to home, the "Jupiter Country Hoedown" will be presented at the Abacoa Amphitheater on October 22nd, located at the corner of Main Street and University in Jupiter. This 1st annual event will include a backyard bbq cookoff, pumpkin patch, line dancing, and lots of country music!
- Downtown at the Gardens will host a special Halloween-themed "Mommy & Me" event on October 26th. The Carousel Courtyard will be transformed into a children's fantasy land and will feature carousel rides, arts & crafts, games, entertainment, and much more. Make sure you dress in costume for extra special prizes and surprises. Downtown at the Gardens is located at 11701 Lake Victoria Gardens Avenue.
- On October 29th, Church in the Gardens, located at 3937 Holly Drive in Palm Beach Gardens, will host their annual "School Fall Festival". Children are encouraged to dress up in their favorite costume for a special contest. There will also be a silent auction, carnival games, bounce house, and several local vendors present.
- Downtown at the Gardens (11701 Lake Victoria Gardens Ave) will host the "Boos and Brews Food and Wine Festival" on October 29th. This family-friendly event will combine over 100 varieties of craft beer and wine tastings, a Halloween costume contest, and live musical performances.
- The "Halloween Street Scene and Soul Parade" will take place in Downtown Lake Worth (Lucerne Lake Blvd.) on October 29-30th. This free event will include a kids parade, pet parade, special children's workshop, live entertainment, costume contest, magic show, and lots of trick or treating!
- If you are looking for an extra unique Halloween experience, the Palm Beach Gardens Aquatic Complex, located at 4404 Burns Road, will feature a "Family Pumpkin Dive" on October 29th. Participants will get a chance to dive into a pool, retrieve a pumpkin, decorate it, and bring it home!
- On October 28th, The River Center (located at 805 North US Highway 1 in Jupiter) will host a "Spooky Swamp Halloween Party". The staff’s theme this year is The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and visitors will enjoy a special photo backdrop scene! This "spook" tacular event will feature many kids’ activities including creepy crafts, ghostly games, trick or treating, bounce house, a hay Ride, and more!
- For a family-friendly event that's both fun and educational, come down to Loggerhead MarineLife Center's "TurtleWeen" Halloween celebration. This evening of playful learning will include lots of marine-themed activities, a haunted house, haunted hospital, photo booth, mad scientist lab, face painting, sea turtle viewing, spooky sculptures and much more! As an extra special feature, there will be a contest for the best recycled products costume. There will be also be plenty of photo opportunities with Loggerhead's lovable mascot, Fletch. Admission is free, but some activities will require the $5 activity bracelet. The Loggerhead MarineLife Center is located at 14200 U.S. Highway One in Juno Beach, FL.
Haunted houses are a Halloween novelty and are always a crowd favorite for both children and parents. Described as America's largest haunted house, "X-Scream Halloween 6", located at 2030 South Congress Avenue, will run on October 21st, 22, 28-31st. This event will feature haunted attractions, outdoor fright zones, face painting, carnival games, food vendors, live entertainment, and much more. Although this event will include a lot of entertainment for adults, there will also be a special version of the tour available just for kids!
Trick or Treating
Most children would agree that one of the most exciting parts of Halloween is trick-or-treating. Collecting, trading, and of course, eating your candy is always a special thrill. There are several local events that will allow children to do just that in both a safe and fun environment.
- "Spookyville Trick or Treat" will run from October 27-31st in the Yesteryear Village of the South Florida Fairgrounds, located at 9067 Southern Blvd. Kids will get a chance to dress up in costume and walk throughout the trick or treat trail while enjoying carnival rides and various activities.
- Trinity Christian School, located at 9625 N Military Trail, will host their "Great Pumpkin Night Out" on October 26th. It will be an evening filled with games, trunk or treat activites, great food and live music.
- On October 28th, the "Kooky, Not Spooky Halloween" event at the Jupiter Community Center will provide a special candy-collecting opportunity, along with a flashlight egg hunt, games, prizes, and musical entertainment. The Jupiter Community Center is located at 200 Military Trail.
- Also on October 28th, the South Florida Science Museum will offer a unique trick or treating experience with their "Halloween Night in the Museum" event. The museum is located at 4801 Dreher Trail North in West Palm Beach. Make sure you dress to impress with your best costumes!
- On October 30th, the Roger Dean Stadium will be hosting a "Family Church Trunk or Treat" located at 4751 Main Street in Jupiter. This event will be full of food, fun, games and lots of trunk-or treating! Enjoy bounce houses, games, and treat bags!
- October 30th, Busch Wildlife Sanctuary will host their "Family Fun Halloween". Described as "family-friendly yet spooky", this event will include animal encounters, crafts, trick or treat stops, a pumpkin carving contest, face painting and a bounce house. Snacks and drinks will be available. The Busch Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Jupiter at 2500 Jupiter Park Drive.
Activities at the Palm Beach Zoo
If you’re looking for an extra special adventure and would like to enjoy a full 14-hour experience at the Palm Beach Zoo, then “Spooky Snooze” is the perfect event for your family. This unique, overnight event will run October 22 and 29th. The Halloween-themed program is specially designed for children 6 and up and will feature painting, crafts, night time tours, a special spooky snack, and story time.
"Boo to You" is another great event at the Palm Beach Zoo and provides a unique trick-or-treating environment for children of all ages. Running October 21-23rd and 28-30th, this event features a bounce house, storytelling, crafts, hay stack hunt, costume contest, and much more! Children can take advantage of the zoo atmosphere with exciting roving animal encounters and Halloween-themed animal keeper talks. The Palm Beach Zoo is located at 1301 Summit Boulevard, West Palm Beach, Florida 33405
For more great events and additional details on each event featured above, check the calendar.
Local Pumpkin Patches
- Founded over 20 years ago, Trinity Church of Palm Beach Gardens’ annual Pumpkin Patch is one of the largest of its kind in Palm Beach County. Located on church grounds at 9625 N Military Trail, the event also features lots of fun children’s activities.
- LifeSong Community Church's Pumpkin Patch will run every day from October 9-31. (Sunday through Thursday: 12pm-8pm and Friday & Saturday: 10am-8pm.) Located in Jupiter at 1022 Community Drive, this event is one of the church’s main fundraiser events and proceeds will go towards their various ministries.
- Holy Spirit Lutheran Church in Juno Beach is hosting a pumpkin patch on the following dates: October 17-19, October 21-23, October 25-26, and October 28-30. Parents interested in bringing their children to the pumpkin patch may do so on week days from 3 pm to dark or on weekends from 9 am to dark. During the morning hours, children on school field trips will be entertained with a video of the life cycle of a pumpkin, given a snack and then on to the pumpkin patch. (Each child that is part of a school group receives a small mini pumpkin to take home as a souvenir of their trip.) Groups interested in scheduling a time, they can do so by calling the church office at 561-624-9663.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC